Prof Mallikarjun Pillalamarry
Brief Career Summary
- 2013+ Senior Lecturer, Department of Mining and Process Engineering
- 2012-13, Assistant Professor, NIT, Nagpur, India
- 2010-12 Researcher, Southern Illinois University, USA
- 2007-2010 Post-doctoral Researcher, Southern Illinois University, USA
- Society of Mining, Metallurgy and Exploration 
Research Focus Areas
- Mine Ventilation, Environment, Mine closure and Rehabilitation
- Coal bed methane, carbon sequestration and shale gas
Courses Currently Teaching
- MVE810S – Mine Ventilation
- RME710S – Rock Mechanics
- MMY720S – Mine Machinery
- TEV720S – Technical Valuation [Geostatistics]
- Musiyarira, H., Pillalamarry, M., Tesh, D., Nikowa, N., Formulating strategic interventions for the coloured gemstone industry in Namibia by utilising the logical framework approach, The Extractive Industries and Society 6 (2019) 1017–1029.
- Develo, E., Pillalamarry, M., Garab, E., 2016, ‘Improving the ventilation system at Rosh Pinah Zinc Mine’, The Journal of South African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy’ Vol, 116, pp. 301-305.
- Pillalamarry, M., Pathak, K., 2014, ‘Latent Variable Modeling Approach for Assessing Social Impacts of Mine Closure’, Open Journal of Applied Sciences, 4, pp. 573-587.
- Shimin Liu, Satya Harpalani and Mallikarjun Pillalamarry, 2012, ‘Modeling of Coal Permeability with Continued Methane Production using Laboratory Measurement: Part II-Modeled Results, Fuel, 94, pp. 117-124.
- Mallikarjun Pillalamarry, Satya Harpalani and Shimin Liu. 2011, ‘Gas Diffusion Behavior of Coal and its Impact on Production from Coalbed Methane Reservoirs’, International Journal of Coal Geology, 86(4), pp. 342-348.
- P. M. Rao and K. Pathak: 2005, ‘Socio Economic Impacts of Mine Closure: A Case Study using Satellite Imagery’, International Journal of Environmental Studies, 62(5), pp. 555-570.