Mr Privilege Shava
Brief Career Summary
- 2018+ Lecturer, Mining Engineering, DMPE, NUST, Namibia
- 2012+ Junior Lecturer, Mining Engineering, DMPE, NUST, Namibia
- 2010+ Lecturer & Assessment Manager, MSC Namibia
- 2008+ Junior Mining Engineer, Gath’s Mine, Zimbabwe
- Professional Mining Engineer (Pr.Eng. – PE 2016 -24) – Engineering Council of Namibia
Research Focus Areas
- Cut-off grading in polymetallic base metal deposits
- Production scheduling
Courses Currently Teaching
- SUM710S – Surface Mining 315
- MPD720S – Mine Planning and Design 324
- MPD810S – Mine Planning and Design 414
- AMG720S – Accounting and Management 324
- Shava, P., & Madziwa, L., 2017. The Impact of Depressed Commodity Prices on the Namibian Uranium Sub-sector. Swakopmund, Uranium 2017 International Conference.
- Shava, P., 2017. The Role and Importance of Engineering Education in the Attainment of a Knowledge Economy. Windhoek, Commonwealth Education Conference.
- Madziwa, L., Namate, N., Shava, P., Magombedze. C., 2017. Application of Risk Management in making a disused mine safe: Case study of an underground mine. Livingstone, Social Responsibility in Geology, Mining, Mineral and Groundwater Resource Education.
- Shava, P., & Musingwini, C., 2018. A Net Smelter Return for a Polymetallic Deposit. Johannesburg, Society of Mining Professors 6th Regional Conference.
- Musiyarira, H., Hollenberg, T., Shava, P., 2018. Enhancing Sustainability of Minerals Engineering Programmes through the Development of a Minerals Resource Centre. Johannesburg, Society of Mining Professors 6th Regional Conference.
- Shava, P., 2018. An economic evaluation of the Rosh Pinah polymetallic deposit using the Net Smelter Return model. A dissertation submitted to the Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, in fulfilment of the requirements for the degree of Masters of Science in Engineering.
- Musiyarira, H., Shava, P., Dzinomwa, G., 2019. An Interrogation of the Approach to Social Licence to Operate (SLO) on the African Continent. Sydney, Sustainable Development in Minerals Industry.