Mr Kalaluka Kanyimba
Brief Career Summary
- 2010 – 2015 Head of Department, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Namibia University of Science and Technology, Namibia.
- 2007 to date Lecturer, Namibia University of Science and Technology, Namibia.
- 2001 – 2007 Head of Department, Department of Vocational Education and Training (DVET), Ministry of Education, Botswana.
- 2000 – 2001 Head of Department, Copperbelt University, Zambia.
- 1998 – 2001 Lecturer, Copperbelt University, Zambia.
- 1992 – 1997 Technical Instructor, Copperbelt University, Zambia.
- 1991 Part-time Technical Instructor, Copperbelt University, Zambia.
- 1989 – 1991 Senior Assistant Engineer - Electrical, Zambia Consolidated Copper Mines (ZCCM), Zambia.
- 1988 Industrial Attachment, Zambia Electricity Supply Corporation (ZESCO), Victoria Falls Power Station, Livingstone, Zambia.
- 1987 Industrial Attachment, Kabwe Industrial Fabrics Limited (Engineering Department, Weaving Section), Kabwe, Zambia.
Research Focus Areas
- Digital Protection Strategies for Electrical Power Grids with a High Degree of Penetration of Intermittent Renewable Energy
- Protection challenges with wide penetration of renewable energy for grid expansion.
- Modelling of digital protection with a high degree of penetration of renewable energy.
Courses Currently Teaching
- NUST ELC520S – Electrical Circuits 124
- NUST EMC611S – Electrical Machines 214
- NUST EEM721S – Engineering Electromagnetics 325
- NUST EPP821S – Electrical Power Project 421 (Mentoring/Supervision)
- NUST EPR410S – Electrical Protection 4A
- NUST EPR420S – Electrical Protection 4B