Mr Epafras Penda Shilongo
Mr. Shilongo is an electrical engineering professional with over 14 years combined experience in industry and academia. His professional experience specifically encompasses teaching, technical, leadership, strategy and corporate governance, up to the level of Board of Director for various private and State-owned Enterprises. He has over the years attended and completed various professional training in energy, electrical engineering and corporate governance.
Brief Career Summary
- 2019+ Council Member, NUST, Namibia
- 2017+ Board Member, CPBN, Namibia
- 2010+ Junior Lecturer, DECE, NUST, Namibia
- 2009-2010 Graduate Electrical Engineer, Rio Tinto/Rossing, Namibia,
- 2006-2009 Tutor/Laboratory Technician, DECE, NUST, Namibia
- 2005-2006 Control & Instrumentation Technician, Trans Hex, Namibia/RSA
- Engineering Council of Namibia (ECN), IE2010-21 (TR)
- Institute of Directors in Southern Africa (IoDSA)
Research Focus Areas
- Renewable Energy Systems, specifically Solar PV and Wind
- Sustainable energy systems
Subjects Currently Teaching
- Electrical Engineering 1 & 2
- Fundamentals of Electrical Technology
- Design Project 3
- Electrical Machines 3 & 4
- Power Engineering Principles & lighting 224
- Electrical Protection 3
Conference presentations & invited talks
- Gope G, Kadhikwa O, E.P Shilongo “A Review and Investigation on the Application of the Magnetotelluric Technique for Ground Resistivity Mapping”, Proceedings of the GIC Research Workshop, Department of Electrical Engineering, 1st-2nd April 2014, University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Gope G, Shilongo E.P, Reju S.A, (July 2014), “Geomagnetic Disturbance Monitoring and Modelling in Namibia”, Poster Presentation, School of Engineering Research Day,18th July 2014,Polytechnic of Namibia.
- Francis S, Shilongo E.P, Puleni P. (July 2014),” Promoting Sustainable Development in Namibia using Solar Energy”, Poster Presentation, School of Engineering Research Day, 18th July 2014, Polytechnic of Namibia.
- E.P. Shilongo, R. Jerry, G.Gope, “An Investigation into Transformer Failures in Namibia”, African Workshop on Space Science Research,4th -8th May 2015,South African National Space Agency (SANSA), Hermanus , South Africa.
- Gope G, Reju S.A, Shilongo E.P, “Geomagnetic Disturbance Monitoring and Modelling in Namibia”, Proceedings of the National Research Symposium, 23-25 September 2015, Windhoek, Namibia.