Dr Veikko Shalimba
Courses Currently Teaching
- AMC511S – Engineering Mechanics (Statics)
- EMS520S – Engineering Mechanics (Statics)
- HTF720S – Heat Transfer
- HTF410S – Heat Transfer
Research Focus Areas
- Manufacturing and Materials
- Nanotechnology - Nanomaterials
- Biogas and Bio-refinery
Brief Career Summary
- 2019 - Lecturer, Department of Mechanical and Marine Engineering, NUST, Namibia
- 2015 - 2019 Specialist, Technical Development, Interior Parts and Components, Skoda Auto a.s – Volkswagen Group, Czech Republic
- 2011 - 2015 Designer, Design and Analysis of Press Tools, Skoda Auto a.s – Volkswagen Group, Czech Republic
- 2009 - 2011 Part-time lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Polytechnic of Namibia
- Shalimba, V., Sopko, V.: Jatropha Oil with Iron Nanoparticles – Application in the Drilling Process. Acta Polytechnica, 2019, doi:10.14311/AP.2019.59.0299.
- Shalimba, V., Sopko, B.: Nanofluids Application in the Drilling Process. Manufacturing Technology, 2018, ISSN 1213-2489.
- Shalimba, V.: Iron Nanoparticles in the Base Jatropha Oil-Thermo Physical Properties. Acta Polytechnica, 2015, ISSN 1805-2363.