Dr Okorie Maduako Emmanuel
Dr. Okorie earned his Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering from the University of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa. He also earned his master’s and bachelor’s honors degrees in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Stellenbosch in South Africa and Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, in Nigeria. In addition, he holds a Certificate of Advance Programme in Project Management and a Postgraduate Certificate in education which he obtained from the University of South Africa. Dr. Okorie Joined the department of Mechanical Engineering at Namibia University of Science and Technology in March 2012.
Research Focus Areas
- Thermo-fluids and Renewable Energy Technologies
- Energy conservation
- Modelling, and Management
Courses Currently Teaching
I teach courses that cut across the two broad sections of Mechanical Engineering-Thermodynamics, Fluid Mechanics, Statics, Mechanics of Materials, Turbomachinery, Marine pumps and piping, Refrigeration and Air-Conditioning, heat and mass transfer, and renewable energy.
Community Development Activities
High school outreach coordinator for faculty of engineering community engagement activities. Successfully initiated and established the annual ‘NUST Brain Match,’ a secondary school annual quiz competition, which seeks to promote excellence in STEM subjects and renewable energy in our local high schools. NUST Brain, until the COVID-19 outbreak, was a platform for dialogue between NUST and local high schools to promote inclusivity and diversity
- M. E. Okorie and F. L. Inambao, “Angle dependence of tower Wake distortion: A parametric study.” International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 481–498, 2021, DOI: 10.24247/ijmperdjun202138.
- M. E. Okorie and F. L Inambao, “Local wind flow modifications within the vicinity of a communication tower,” International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development, vol. 11, no. 3, pp. 421–440, 2021, DOI: 10.24247/ijmperdjun202135.
- M. E. Okorie and F. Inambao, “Prediction of the impact of tower shading on resource parameters and performance by using Lidar, “International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, vol. 13, no. 11, p. 20, 2020.
- M. E. Okorie and F. Inambao, “Tower wake distortion effect: A comprehensive review of methods and applications,” International Journal of Engineering Research and Technology, vol. 13, no. 12, p. 17, 2020.
- M. E. Okorie, F. Inambao, and Z. Chiguvare, “Evaluation of wind Shear coefficients, surface roughness and energy yield over inland locations in Namibia,” Procedia Manufacturing, vol. 7, pp. 630–638, Jan. 2017, DOI: 10.1016/j.promfg.2016.12.094.
- M. E. Okorie, F. L. Inambao, Z. Chiguvare, and S. Alfeus, “Renewable energy and African industrialization: A Participatory integrated approach in assessing concentrated solar power potential in Namibia,” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, vol. 9, no. 12, p. 16, Dec. 2018.
- N. A. Badarulzaman, A. Kazeem, A. J. Ajala, W. F. F. W. Ali, and M. E. Okorie, “Effect of annealing and artificial aging parameters on the ultimate tensile strength and elongation of New Al-(4-5) Zn- Mg-Mn-Cu Alloys Fabricated using Recycled Beverage Cans,” International Journal of Integrated Engineering, vol. 12, no. 8, Art. no. 8, Aug. 2020.
- M. E. Okorie and F. L. Inambao, “Identification of tower and boom-wakes using collocated anemometers and Limeasurement,” International Journal of Mechanical Engineering and Technology, vol. 10, no. 6, pp. 72–94, Sep. 2019.
- M. E. Okorie, F. Inambao, Z. Chiguvare, and N. Kgabi, “Wind shear coefficients and energy yields estimations: Namibia case study of arid coastal and inland locations,” International Journal of Applied Engineering Research, vol. 13, no. 8, p. 15, 2018.
- M. E. Okorie and F. L. Inambao, “Impact of freestream turbulence on the boom length,” International Journal of Mechanical and Production Engineering Research and Development, vol. 11, no. 4, pp. 341–354, 2021, doi:10.24247/ijmperdaug202126.4
- M. E. Okorie and F. Inambao, “Identification of tower-wake distortion using LIDAR measurement,” in 2nd International Conference on Sustainable Materials Processing and Manufacturing (SMPM 2019), Kruger National Park, South Africa, 2019, vol. 35, pp. 704–710. DOI: 10.1016/j.promfg.2019.06.012.