Dr Kedir Mohammed-Bushira
Brief Career Summary
- 2020+ Senior lecturer, NUST (DCEE), Namibia
- 2018-2020 Assistant Professor, Water Resources and Irrigation Eng., Arba Minch Univ.,ET
- 2017 Visiting research Scholar, Texas A&M ArgiLife research centre, U.S.A
- 2011-2015 Lecturer, Water Resources and Irrigation Eng., Arba Minch Univ.,ET
- 2008-2011 Assistant Lecturer, Water Resources and Irrigation Eng., Arba Minch Univ.,ET
- 2007-2008 Water Resources engineer. Regional Bureau of Water Resources, Afar,ET
Research Focus Areas
- Water Resources Management
- Numerical Model Development for Groundwater flow and solute transport;
- Interaction of Atmospheric, Surface Waters and Groundwater;
- Water Conservation and Conjunctive management of Water resources;
- Geotechnical Investigation and land subsidence;
- Applications of GIS and remote sensing for integrated Water resources management and database development.
Courses Currently Teaching
- HDG911S - Hydrogeology
- ESA911S – Environmental Systems & Analysis tools
- WWT411S – Wastewater Treatment
Peer Reviewed Articles
- Bushira.K.M, Jorge.R.H, Zhuping.S., Surface water and groundwater flow modelling for calibrating steady state using MODFLOW in Colorado River Delta, Baja California, Mexico, Journal of Modeling earth systems and Environment.no. 3:815–824(2017).
- Bushira.K.M, Yosph.B.W Ramish.K.V Zhuping.S. Cut Soil Slope Stability analysis along National Highway at Wozeka- Gidole Road, Ethiopia. Journal of Modeling earth systems and Environment (2018).
- Bushira.K.M, Jorge.R.H. MODFLOW-Farm Process Modelling for Determining Effects of Agricultural Activities on Groundwater Levels and Groundwater Recharge. Journal of Soil and Groundwater Environment 24:17-30 (2019).
- Azeref.B.G. Bushira.K.M. Numerical groundwater flow modelling of the Kombolcha catchment northern Ethiopia. Journal of Modeling earth systems and Environment 6:1233–1244(2020).
- Bushira.K.M, Abdule .Y.M, Spate Irrigation Potential Assessment for Ethiopian Watershed. Journal of Agricultural Science; 12:(2020)
Research gates: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Kedir_Mohammed7